The Oregon Garden is soliciting proposals for Art in the Garden installations for the summer of 2016. The 80-acre botanical Garden provides the perfect platform for artistic exploration and creative expression. Proposal must be received by September 30, 2015.
As The Oregon Garden builds this event series to promote the integration of art into a natural setting, it is seeking artists committed to high-quality art who are eager to display pieces in The Oregon Garden that fit with its mission to inspire visitors with an appreciation for the extraordinary ecology of the Pacific Northwest and provide meaningful educational experiences.
What are the requirements?
- The piece(s) should be able to withstand outdoor exposure for the duration of the exhibit. Exhibits must be at least 6 weeks and should not exceed 3 months.
- The artist is responsible for installing the exhibit with guidance from The Oregon Garden Horticulture Dept.
- Artists must submit a proposal detailing their art installation*
- Proposal must be received by September 30, 2015.
* Proposals that include a focus on Oregon, gardens, and/or horticulture will be given special attention, but all proposals are welcome and encouraged.
What must be included in the proposal?
- An artist statement
- Sketches or photos of the piece(s)
- A description of the mediums used
- Requirements of the installation site
- Description of the installation process
- Duration of the exhibit (How long can it survive outdoors?)
- (Optional) A proposal of a workshop that correlates with the exhibit. Please include a breakdown of cost & past teaching experience.
What does the process look like?
Once the proposal is received, The Oregon Garden events staff will review submissions and select the featured artists for Summer 2016. Artists will be notified of their status in the fall and will begin coordinating with The Oregon Garden Events and Horticulture Departments to plan the installation. Dates will be set for art openings (ticketed events which include wine tasting, live music, and artist talks) and workshops.
What are the benefits?
- Exposure to over 30,000 Oregon Garden visitors during the summer months.
- Artist featured in event advertising, on The Oregon Garden website (13,000 unique visitors per month) and other promotional materials.
- The opportunity to exhibit art in a beautiful and unique outdoor setting.
Proposals should be submitted by 5pm on September 30, 2015 to The Oregon Garden Events Dept.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail entries to The Oregon Garden, PO Box 155, Silverton, OR, 97381
* Any piece(s) that are sold as a result of the Art in the Garden exhibit will be subject to a 30% commission