(Photo courtesy of Cascades Theatrical Company)
Cascades Theatrical Company (CTC), housed at The Cascades Theatre, located at 148 Greenwood Ave. in Bend, is the longest running community theatre in Central Oregon. They are in their 39th season of bringing diverse productions from local talent to audiences.
In addition to our mainstage shows, which are in full force, CTC presents the following:
• Cascades Theatre for Children – Brand new program, offers shows performed by adults for the youngest audience members of the community. Their goal is to cultivate the love of arts early and offer the “littles” and their families a great opportunity to see theatre geared just for them.
• Triage – The Central Oregon award winning improv troupe is now part of the CTC family. Triage supplies laughs galore as they interact with their audiences to offer in-the-moment scenes. Come and be a part of a show from the safety of your seat… maybe. With Triage you never know what may happen, but you can be sure it will be fun!
• All Aspects Teen Theatre – In its fifth season, All Aspects is Central Oregon’s only tuition-free teen program where teens can explore every facet of theatre – acting, crewing, designing and production activities such as marketing, producing and production management and offers the Carol J. Bryant Scholarship offering funds for All Aspects participants who are continuing studies in the performing arts.
• Black Box Series – Provocative productions that run for a shorter period than the mainstage shows, offering a diversity in all that theatre has to offer.
Black Box Series – Cascades 10 Festival –CTC’s inaugural one-act festival featuring local playwrights. As a part of the Black Box series, Cascades 10 will feature eight plays. These short, ten-minute plays will run the gambit from thought provoking to downright hysterical. Cascades 10 will run one weekend only, November 2-4 at 7:30pm and November 5 at 2pm. Tickets are $15.
Artist’s Circle – Second season offering an intimate evening of storytelling, performance and interaction. It is also a way for CTC to thank the support of its membership. CTC is a truly volunteer-run organization and couldn’t offer all that they do without the support of members. New to this season’s Artist’s Circle will be a Meet and Greet with the artists. This will be your chance to get to know them, ask questions and even get a picture or two.
• Mosley Wotta – CTC welcomes back Mosley Wotta. Jason Graham has been a mainstay in the Central Oregon (and broader) arts scene. He will be performing his one-man show Smartyrdom for one night only. CTC and Jason will offer a Meet and Greet event immediately after the show, November 18 at 7:30pm. Tickets are free for Artist’s Circle members and above. Public tickets are $15 for the performance and $25 for the performance and Meet and Greet.
Check out what else CTC has going on at www.cascadestheatrical.org.