Modeled after the wildly popular Dancing with the Stars program, Swinging with the Stars features six local celebrities paired with professional dancers. Each couple will dance and compete to take home one of several awards. The event will also showcase local dance and music talent, including live performances from Dance Central, Gotta Dance and more onOctober 5, 6pm at Bend Senior High School.
All money raised will be used locally to help Sparrow Clubs continue serving children in medical need, and empowering youth to make a difference in our communities. Sparrow Clubs is proof that you’re never too young to make a difference. As the nation’s only youth-based charity of its kind, Sparrow Clubs not only provides financial and emotional support for critically ill children and their families, but also empowers young people to help a child through charitable service experiences. Sparrow Clubs is centered on the concept of “kids helping kids in medical need.”
Swinging with the Stars is sponsored by SunWest Builders and Miller Lumber, with support from Les Schwab Tire Centers, AmericanWest Bank, Advanced Energy, Desert Orthopedics and many others.
The 2013 Star Dancer Lineup
• Sharon Adams – Mrs. Oregon United States, 2012
• Bill Buchanan – Partner at Karnopp Petersen, Central Oregon’s largest law firm
• Roslyn Eaton – US Olympic mom to Ashton Eaton, community activist and inspirational figure
• Steve Galash – Galash Larsen, Inc.
• Troy Reinhart – Partner and Wealth Manager, Northwest Quadrant Wealth management
• Sabrina Sloan – Clear 101.7 DJ
Talena Barker at 541-647-4907.
Sparrow Clubs office 906 NE Greenwood, Suite 2, in Bend.
Prices start at $15 per person and range up to $60 for a VIP ticket that includes priority seating and admission to the official cast after-party.