TEEN NIGHT @ SHARC
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
SHARC 57250 Overlook Road, Sunriver
Teen Night at SHARC
8:00 PM – 10:00 PM Nov 25, 2015
(SHARC General Events)
Open to ages 12-18, this teens-only evening includes an ice cream/root beer float social followed by water basketball/volleyball games, contests, use of the hot tub and other indoor aquatic-themed activities.
$7 with SROA member ID; $10 general public
Reservations recommended by calling 541-585-3147
THANKSGIVING BUFFET AT MCMENAMINS
The annual Thanksgiving buffet at McMenamins Old Saint Francis is a popular choice, with tasty options ranging from poached salmon to traditional turkey to brandied pumpkin pie with cinnamon whipped cream. It takes place from noon to 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and costs $27 for adults, $16 for kids 5-12, and free for kids 4 and under. Reservations are required, so book ahead!
November 27 (Thru Nov 28)
HOLIDAY VILLAGE MARKET AT CENTENNIAL PARK
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Find original gifts for the hard-to-buy-for friend, family member or co-worker at Redmond’s Holiday Village Market, presented by the Redmond Chamber of Commerce & CVB. Held on four days throughout the holiday season, the Holiday Village Market features vendors selling local arts, crafts and artisan goods from old-world-styled kiosks and vendor spaces within Redmond Centennial Park.
MARAGAS ANNUAL WINE SALE & BARREL TASTING
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Our 12th Annual Holiday Wine Sale & Barrel Tasting!
- Thanksgiving Weekend, Saturday, November 28th. From 10am to 5pm.
Kick off the Holidays with fantastic savings on your favorite hearty red, Chablis style chard, and a litany of our library wines. Every wine will be discounted in our annual once a year, one day, sale event. Savings will not be available online, you must be at the Event or call in to get the savings. If you call and find you get our voicemail, we’ll honor prices on all calls received the day of the event.
- Mid-day live music to entertain you by The Opal Springs Boys – The band that moves your feet and stirs your soul!
- Barrel Taste our 2010 “M.” It’s been building it’s complex flavors for five years in a blend of French and American oak barrels. You’ll be tasting smack-dab in the midst of our barrel room surrounded by 195 barrels of aging wine – yes that famed elixer of Greek mythology. Talk about ambiance! Feel what it’s like to be a winemaker sampling wine on it’s journey to perfection for this one fantastic day.
- There’s no charge to check out this fun event! Rather than charge a cover, we ask that you bring canned or boxed food. This also doubles as our annual canned food drive, providing food for our local food bank run by Neighbor Impact. If you want to Barrel taste – which is combined with a flight of wine – it’s $15 and includes a commemorative wine glass to take home. We’ll have complientary popcorn to clense your pallet. Charcuterie, cheese and chocolate will also be available for purchase.
- LIve Holiday Sangria will also be on tap. Bring your growlers to take home this explosive mix. We’ll provide you with a tidy recipe to turn our hearty Sangria into a sensational mulled wine to stir in those hearty flavors of the season.
- More details coming soon on our website at www.maragaswinery.com. So, save the date for a great afternoon and great savings on great wine. November 28th from 10am to 5pm. Now, doesn’t that sound great!
PORTLAND CELLO PROJECT
The Bend Surgery Center CenterStage Series. Since the group’s inception in late 2007, the Portland Cello Project (or, PCP, as their fans affectionately call them), has wowed audiences all over the country with extravagant performances, everywhere from Prairie Home Companion, to parties on loading docks in NYC, to symphony halls from coast to coast, to punk rock clubs. The group has built a reputation mixing genres and blurring musical lines and perceptions wherever they go. “This indie orchestra gives classical music a jolt of energy.” – Spin Magazine. No two shows are alike, with a repertoire now numbering over 1,000 pieces of music both expected and unexpected to come from a cello. The Cello Project’s stage setup ranges from the very simple (4-6 cellos), to the all out epic (which has included 12 cellos playing with full choirs, winds, horns, and numerous percussion players).
Reserved Seating: $18, $28, $48.
MONDAY NIGHT MUSIC AT OPEN DOOR WINE BAR
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Deschutes National Forest
Featuring Local Talent
December 1 (Open thru March 1)
REDMOND ICE SKATING RINK OPENS FOR THE SEASON
Strap on a pair of ice skates and start a new winter tradition this season at the Redmond Ice Skating Rink, once again set in the Downtown Redmond Plaza on 7th Street across from Centennial Park. Thanks to the City of Redmond and the Redmond Area Parks and Recreation District (RAPRD), people of all ages and levels can enjoy this traditional winter activity throughout the winter, weather permitting. For additional information, contact the rink at 541-977-7841, or the RAPRD office at 541-548-7275.
CONCERT FOR MUSIC AND MEMORY
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Old Stone Church
Bend Guitar Lessons is showcasing student talent in a Concert for Music and Memory. The concert is part of a drive to collect used I-Pods for Music and Memory, the non-profit that trains care professionals to bring dementia patients, back to life, through music.
Students will play blues, rock and acoustic fingerstyle. Members of the band Lino will accompany on guitar, bass and percussion.
Used I-Pods can be dropped off at Bend Guitar Lessons,1531 NE 3rd St., Suite #2. Admission $5.00 donation, free with I-Pod or I-Pad. Silent Auction, food and beverages.