Sunriver Music Festival invites a Central Oregon artist to create the commemorative 47th season poster.
“For over four decades we have showcased some of the most accomplished painters and photograhers in the region. The collaboration is a beautiful experience for all involved,” explains Executive Director Meagan Iverson.
Artist Kenneth Marunowski, 2018 poster artist, agrees. “Signing the gorgeous prints made from my image, and attending two of the brilliant Festival concerts was an absolute delight. During this exciting moment in my artistic life, I truly felt connected to the Sunriver community and like something of a star!”
David Kreitzer, poster artist for 2020-2021: “To have my art be chosen, and to be on the cover of the Sunriver Magazine as well, was a great ‘Welcome to Central Oregon’ gift. Sunriver Music Festival was very supportive and I was pleased to be a part of it!”
Sally MacAllister, 2022 selected poster artist: “It was such an honor to be selected as the 45th season’s poster artist. Of course, I was very excited when I first heard the news, but I was overwhelmed when I saw my artwork on the poster and the publicity pieces the graphic team designed. And to have my summer filled with the wonderful concerts – such a rewarding experience. I’m so glad I was able to share my talent with this wonderful community.”
Maria Leistad, 2023 selected poster artist: “It is an honor to have my art showcased by Sunriver Music Festival for the 46th season. The natural music of this landscape that many of us call home is the perfect backdrop for the Festival’s immensely talented musicians. I hope that “Sunriver’s Trumpeter” conveys the same feelings of tranquility, magnificence and possibility that Sunriver Music Festival has come to represent for so many of us.”
Here’s your opportunity to join the ranks of these and other esteemed artists by submitting your artwork to the selection committee, which is comprised of a jury of accomplished artists from the Artists Gallery Sunriver.
The art work is able to be reproduced successfully into an 18”x 24 “poster and for the cover of the Summer Festival program book, ticket brochures and note cards. Works larger than 18” x 24” are not recommended. You can view past posters at sunrivermusic.org and at the Festival office in the Village at Sunriver, Building 13.
The artwork must fit an 18” x 24” vertical aspect ratio. We encourage all types of art mediums.
- A press release published in multiple local publications (Cascade A&E, Bend Bulletin, Sunriver Scene, and others) with artist’s photo, bio, and artwork.
- The selected artwork is professionally photographed for reproduction to be featured on the front cover of the Summer Festival program book, the annual ticket brochure, notecards, website and PR. The brochure is mailed to over 5,500 Festival patrons and Central Oregon residents and visitors.
- Expert reproduction and printing of the original artwork ensures staying true to the artist’s colors and medium.
- Posters are displayed on storefronts all over Bend, Sisters, Redmond, and
- Posters are sold at the Sunriver Music Festival office and select galleries and shops in Sunriver and Bend.
- A full page article about the artist in the Summer Festival program
- A framed poster is gifted to every Festival sponsor including businesess, which are often displayed on office walls all over Central Oregon and beyond.
- The original work of art is custom framed by Eastlake Framing and auctioned at Festival Faire, the Festival’s premier fundraiser.
- Event in late spring to feature the selected artist and display
Deadline is February 22, 2024
Please contact the Festival as soon as possible if you are considering submitting art for consideration. Final submission must be received at our office ( 57100 Beaver Dr., Building 13 in the Village at Sunriver) by February 22, 2024. The chosen artwork is considered a donation to the Sunriver Music Festival. All other submissions will be available for pick-up by early March 2024.