The premier annual event will take place at the Comfort Suites Inn in Redmond on October 12 and will feature local authors presenting winning entries of the annual writing contest.
The Central Oregon Writers Guild’s goal is to encourage local writers by providing support, education and resources, such as critique groups and workshops.
The annual Literary Harvest features the winners of the writing contest and offers an opportunity for members to display their published works.
Literary Harvest Director Lindy Jacobs is pleased to report that this year’s Writing Contest top ten winners have been selected by judges Bill Baber, Rae Ann Proost and Bunny Thompson. The winners, their titles and genre are:
1. Cameron Prow, A Gentler Lens, Poetry Selections–Tied for First Place
2. Ava Wilson, Weekly Rats, Short Fiction–Tied for First Place
3. Michael Wayne, Genius of a Madman, Short Fiction
4. Craig Gypson, In Sickness and in Health, Short Fiction
5. Ginger Dehlinger, Fallen Icons, Essay
6. Cheri Lee Helfenstein, For the Dead Dragonfly, Poetry
7. Karen Gilden, Meeting the Enemy, Memoir
8. Anita Lanning, Final Sign, Short Fiction
9. Ellen Jacobs, Frybread, Please! Poetry
10.Sherrie Gant, Baling Wire and a .357, Memoir
Friends and families are invited to share in the special evening. The evening will include a Guild authors book sale with refreshments and door prizes.
Admission fee: Members $5, non-members $10
Payable at the door
FRIDAY OCTOBER 12
Comfort Suites Inn
2243 SW Yew, Redmond, OR
6:30 – 8:30pm