Committed to bringing concerts back in the best ways, Les Schwab Amphitheater announced that it will be rolling out protocols for concertgoers, performers and staff at the venue.
Starting August 29, attendees of shows in the 2021 concert season will need to bring proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test result collected within 72 hours of the show for each show they are attending. (Note, concertgoers for the Dave Matthews Band show on September 8 will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test 48 hours before the show.)
This policy sets standards across the board for concert attendees, touring artists, their support staff and the Les Schwab Amphitheater and Live Nation teams. It will go into effect beginning with the Modest Mouse concert on August 29.
The Les Schwab Amphitheater has been following public health updates closely, communicating with public officials including the Bend City Council and using several COVID-19 safety techniques since the start of the 2021 concert season. This update will add to existing guidelines already in place among guests and staff.
“Our goal has always been to bring entertainment and music to Central Oregon, but to do so safely,” Marney Smith, director of the Les Schwab Amphitheater, said. “We’re committed to finding the best way for shows to continue and we are confident this is the right move to ensure the rest of our concerts happen in a safe way, for everyone involved.”
In effect beginning August 29, the updated COVID-19 safety policy for the Les Schwab Amphitheater includes the following best practices:
- Any concertgoer at the Les Schwab Amphitheater, regardless of age, must bring proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result they have received in the 72 hours preceding the show.
- Concertgoers’ proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test result must match the name on their ID.
- Screenshots or other digital copies of either a negative COVID-19 test result or full COVID-19 vaccination is acceptable for entry if the name on the digital proof matches the name on the concertgoer’s ID.
- These protocols will apply to all shows on and beyond August 29 until further notice.
Additionally, all vendors and staff at the venue are fully vaccinated, and the Les Schwab Amphitheater has placed extra sanitation stations around the venue, offers free masks at the concierge tent and is now cashless at all points of sale.
Upcoming Les Schwab Amphitheater shows requiring proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test:
- Modest Mouse on August 29
- Brandi Carlile on September 4-5
- Death Cab for Cutie on September 6
- Dave Matthews Band on September 8 (Proof of a negative test needs to be within 48 hours of show)
- John Legend on September 12
- Lake Street Dive on September 17
- NEEDTOBREATHE on September 18
- Pink Martini on September 19
- Foreigner on September 21
- Lord Huron on September 26
- Luke Bryan on September 30-October 1
- My Morning Jacket on October 3
- 311 on October 7
- Flogging Molly & Violent Femmes on October 15
- Jimmy Eat World & Taking Back Sunday on October 16